Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vitamins, Minerals and Nutritional Recommendations

Thought I’d start a new sub section recommending what supplements I recommend and for whom. Also ones I’d avoid that I just don’t see and value in. This article will be added to over time, so keep watching for updates:
General recommendations for everyone:
Daily multivitamin / multi-mineral supplement
Recommendations for joint health (anyone over the age of 30)
Glucosamine (sulfate) – This one definitely has scientific proof behind in – not everyone sees the same level of improvement, but it does help maintain the health of cartilage in joints. ( too me MSM, Chondroitin and Hyaluronic Acid (H.A) are ok to add in with glucosamine if you want, but much less evidence exist to support their efficacy).
Omega fatty acids (3-6-9) – examples: salmon oil, flax seed oil. – Have many health benefits, but are good for maintaining health synovial fluid which is essential for joint lubrication
The Don't waste your money list:
Recently I’ve been hearing a lot of advertising about how great the product Wobenzym® PS is. Fixes just about anything that ails you according to the ads. Rather than dismiss it outright, I decided to give it a try. It’s more expensive than other similar products that’s for sure. Anyway, I am almost done my box (about a month’s worth) and I’ve noticed no beneficial effects. My personal opinion – don’t waste your money on it.
MLM companies – just about universally recommend you avoid all them. There are a few decent reputable multilevel marketing supplement companies out there, but they are definitely the minority. Try to especially avoid any kind of ‘monthly auto-ship’ options – unless you really love the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails