Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shoulder Rehab Exercises (Rotator Cuff Muscles) - bullet proof shoulders...

First of all, let me apologize for using a personal photo for this blog, however, it was the only decent photo of a real set of deltoids I could find on the entire WWW.  (Joking - LOL)

I seem to be running in to a wave of Rotator Cuff Imbalance shoulder injuries lately at my offices, so I thought I'd post a series of the most effective rehab/prevention exercises.

If you are experiencing severe shoulder pain, first review my post regarding the choice between ice or heat therapy here. (If you are too lazy - here is a hint.... use Ice).

If your shoulder hurts at night when/if you sleep on that side see my blog about choosing a proper pillow here.

And if you are getting older and are concerned that you may be starting to get shoulder joint wear and tear (arthritis) see my post about healthy joint supplementation here.  Or if you'd like to find out for sure whether or not you have arthritis see your Chiropractor or Medical Doctor whom can order a simple Xray which will show and quantify any degenerative joint disease (osteo arthritis).

So here are the exercises - pictures should be self explanatory, but if you have any questions - feel free to PM me directly.




A few guidelines to follow with these exercises:
Best done with resistance bands (not weights)
Do higher number of repetitions (15-25)
If it hurts - don't do them, and consult with a health care professional.
Do both left and right side (to balance out the body)
Perform the exercises (2-3 sets) two - three times per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails